Fixed Term Contract (Approx. 12 months).
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm
Key Purpose of Role:
Supporting the Payroll Department to ensure a first class payroll service delivered to the business. Working as part of a team to ensure payroll tasks are processed with a high level of accuracy, attention to detail and with the upmost confidentially. Ensuring all payroll administration is processed in line with procedure, compliance requirements and in conjunction with the monthly pay run schedule. Ensure that all pre-employment checks have been completed in line with procedure, to include; the Right to Work in the UK documentation verification checks, administering and checking all New Starter Forms and supporting documentation. Providing support to employees, expediting the resolution of payroll queries and delivering assistance with a high level of professionalism.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Confirming new hire paperwork and Right to Work documents are in line with Company policy and UK legislation prior to completing data entry to add the new starter to the payroll.
• Promptly following up on any new hire paperwork or time sheet entry queries with Store Managers to ensure no delay to the application being processed.
• Address any RTW concerns with the Payroll Manager and or HR Manager.
• Ensuring each New Starter Form has details of the Telephone Reference completed.
• Flagging any unsuitable telephone reference to the Area Manager.
• Locating the previous employee file for a New Starter Form reflecting the applicant was employed before with the business.
• Ensuring the New Starter Form has reference details to enable HR to complete reference checking.
• Creating a personnel file for each new employee.
• Processing various employee payroll changes.
• Administrating Company ‘leavers’ assisting with final payments processing and issuing P45’s.
• Assisting with employee payroll queries.
• When necessary liaise with field management and department managers.
• Ensuring payroll details given to known parties only, any unknown persons requesting details must email requests to ensure all payroll details are kept confidential and secure.
• Deliver a high level service to the organisation and when dealing with third parties.
• Completing monthly HR and Payroll Department filing.
• Appropriate use of Payrite Payroll System ensuring accurate entry of data.
• Completing payroll data input checks to ensure accurate colleague input.
• Processing payroll tasks with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ensuring all administration of the monthly payroll is processed correctly, efficiently in line with the monthly pay run schedule.
• Manage all payroll and employee related information with the upmost confidentiality and security.
• General administrative tasks in line with the needs of the Payroll Department.
• Update personnel files to ensure the accurate filing of employee documentation.
• Supporting the Payroll Department with additional payroll duties as and when required.
Commitment to Equality:
Adhere to the Company’s commitment to equality both in its services and as an employer.
Work with a degree of flexibility required to perform duties in addition to Job Description in order to meet the needs of the business.
Please send CV's to: email@example.com
Closing date: 01.09.16