Health and Safety Consultant
Key Purpose of Role:
The Health and Safety Consultant forms a crucial part of our business. The business employs a diverse workforce of around 1,400 employees with over 157 retail stores nationally. The health, safety and well-being of our employees and customers is important to us. The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate their experience in a similar H&S role, to ensure our retail premises, Head Office and Warehouse divisions are fully compliant with H&S legislation and the business meets all obligations as a retailer and as an employer. The role is based at our Head Office in Walthamstow, London however frequent travel will be required in order to visit our stores nationally.
The role of the H&S Consultant will focus on H&S standards throughout the business to include; Retail, Head Office and Warehouse operations to ensure the required standards are met and maintained.
• Assess functions within the business to ensure compliant.
• Provide first class H&S advice.
• Identify potential concerns and implement action plan following detailed Risk Assessments.
• Implement recommendations for improvement.
• Conduct H&S training for line managers and create and maintain up to date H&S guidance forms and documents.
• Attend regional meetings and brand conferences to update business on H&S legislative changes.
• Experience in a similar role essential.
• Ability to commit to full time employment.
• Full Drivers Licence due to frequent travel requirements.
• H&S Qualified.
• IOSH Qualified.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Working knowledge and experience in;
• H&S policy (Creating and updating policies).
• H&S Consultant/ Business Advisor.
• H&S Training.
• Premises and people related Risk Assessments.
• Instructing workers with proper use of PPE.
• Asbestos Awareness.
• Electrical Safety.
• Environmental Awareness.
• Fire Safety Awareness.
• Managing Safety.
• Manual Handling Awareness.
• Office Safety.
• Slips, Trips and Falls.
• Working at Height.
• Evacuation Procedure.
• Managing Accident and Emergency.
Commitment to Equality:
Adhere to the Company's commitment to equality both in its services and as an employer.
Hours of work are 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm however a degree of flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business and to fulfil the responsibilities attached to the role. The Company offers a generous employee discount scheme, Workplace Pension, 5.6 weeks annual leave, periodic incentives and Work Perks and an opportunity to work for a fast paced, fashion and customer focused retailer.
Please note, due to the volume of applications only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 6 August 2016